Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A shortie about the SUUUN (Tromsø, Norway)

I am just writing to say (ahem):

1. The sun will rise tomorrow. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3. The meeting with the nun (in the singular -- Sister Hedwig) on Sunday was WONDERFUL. Amazing. Life-changing. I am going to write a full report tomorrow morning and send it to the convent for a blog post go-ahead. Then I will go ahead and post it in my blog.
4. Between "morning" and "and" in the last sentence, somebody called Katarina to tell her that the northern lights were putting on a show. We ran outside to look at them. My first time! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please excuse me while I go and have a heart attack.

Nun report forthcoming! On a day with SUN.

2 comments:

  1. :D :D Congratulations! On behalf of the city I´m ashamed that there was no sun on wednesday, but DID you see it on thursday? :D Fantastic.:) May you see heaps of northern lights at least!! see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your evolving impressions of the Far North! You show me how this place is full of miracles every day, not just in the Northern Lights and the sun's return, but also in all the possibilities for surprising connections with fellow humans and good humor. Fascinating report on Tvibit and on your trip to Tromsø Museum. The everyday stuff is not at all boring since it brings together the small and the big picture of your experience in this little microcosm of the universe. Thanks for our talk last week, and I'll see you later today!

    ReplyDelete