Friday, January 8, 2010

A blue sky! (Tromsø, Norway)

As I type, I am looking out the window at a BLUE(ish tinted with yellow) sky. IT LOOKS LIKE DAY. Oh glory be! Now I know that my real enemies are the clouds; the sun and I are on speaking terms again.

In the time I've spent sitting in front of my computer looking up the idiom "on speaking terms" (in a relationship close enough for or limited to friendly superficialities OR in a relationship of open, willing, or ready communication -- the sun and I are "on speaking terms" in the former, and limited, sense of the idiom), clouds have crept across the sky and it has started to snow lightly. Coastal weather. What a crusher.

But I know that there is a blue(ish tinted with yellow) sky behind those clouds! And the snow is very pretty.

Soon I'll write a rave review of Tromsø's youth center, which is almost as amazing a resource as the library.

The snow is gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment